Saturday, January 5, 2013

What hapenned since the start of my trip to Japan

Hello everyone, here comes the very late, first post of my life in Japan.
Like I said before, I had to deal with some personal drama before I could start posting again, it's not completely over, but I feel good enough to finally make an update on this life changing trip.

I'll start by going over the trip itself. I bought a bunch of DS games before I left so I could play them in the plane... unfortunately, while packing, I never found my charger again... so I couldn't play anything... but it wasn't that bad of a flight, since I was with Air Canada, I at least had a bunch of movies to choose from on their personal display thing. I watched a Jurassic Park again! I also watched The Expendables 2 (never saw the first one)... It's actually a really good action movie. Jean-Claude Van Damme was an awesome evil guy, and we got to see his ultimate kick twice!
Movies aside, during this trip we felt the worse turbulence I ever felt. It was kinda crazy, you felt that the plane had hard time staying straight. A girl was screaming behind me "OHHH NONNNNNNN!!! NONNNN!!!!" really increased the suspense lol. Pretty sure she was from Quebec, she had the Quebec way of screaming. The captain said "we're going through moderate turbulence"... so this was moderate? I really don't want to ever go through Heavy turbulence =/

We eventually ended up in one piece in Tokyo.

Spent the first night at the Tokyo Green Hotel Korakuen, a hotel just beside the Tokyo Dome, and the Tokyo Dome City's Love Illumination. Because Christmas here is about love, and couples... It's cute alright, but it was cold, I underestimated Japan's winter, I should have brought my winter coat with me. Oh well. I didn't take any picture, I should have, but I didn't. The only pictures I have are pictures from inside the room.


You can't really see much on these sorry.

The day after I was in a cheap little hotel, and spent the whole day sleeping. I bought a Melon Pan, but I ate like 3 pieces and threw it away... I used to love them but for some reason now I can't stand them.

On the third day I went to get my apartment. It's a small, poorly isolated apartment located in Nakano, near the shin-Nakano station. It take about 20-25 minutes of walk to get to the Nakano broadway. I though that there was nothing around but I can get pretty much anything I need by walking, there's even a McDonald (didn't go yet) lol. 

You can see pictures of my apartment and it's surroundings here: AppartmentShinNakano

After that I've tried to live a normal life here, I'll give more details on this in another post, and I'll also talk about comiket and other places I went since I got there. 

There will not be a french version of this.

2 comments:

Halfey Halphstein said...

The surrounding of your apartment really resembles those that from anime. I don't know why but I love seeing Japanese houses/buildings. Even when they're somehow cramped like that they still look beautiful to me.

Shurikn said...

I pretty much got used to it by now, it feels nice, the only problems left are the bed which is uncomfortable, and the desk is too low, I'm getting a bad shoulder ache because of it